-receipe by Veronica Kaczmarowski
The ingredients for this low carb almond butter and chocolate smoothie are super simple:
- 2 soupspoons of activated almond butter*
- 2 soupspoons of raw cocoa powder
- ½ cup organic coconut cream (canned)
- 1 cup very cold water
- 2 soupspoons hulled hemp seeds
- ½ avocado
- 2 Medjool dates OR unrefined stevia as desired
- 1 tsp maca powder
- Sea salt (optional)
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder (optional)
Making a chocolate almond butter smoothie is just about the easiest thing ever. Throw everything in a blender and puree until velvety smooth.
The resulting breakfast smoothie is super thick, so if you want to thin it out, feel free to add more water.
*see www.lescrustillants.com for an excellent activated almond butter produced by a local Quebec company