Alain, our gardener, shares with us that among the abundance of crops in our gardens, carrots will be on the menu this week! In the kitchen, we love the carrot for its colorful and slightly sweet flesh, high in provitamin A or carotene (what gives it its color). A vegetable loved by everyone, even among the most difficult little eaters. Here is a nice vegan alternative to Ceviche traditionally made from raw marinated fish:
For 4 people
- 5 carrots
- 1 turnip
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 10 chopped asparagus
- 1 minced fennel
- 2 radishes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) of lime juice
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) of sesame oil
- The zest of 1 organic lime
- 7 mL (1 1/2 teaspoons) of ground coriander seeds
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Season with sea salt to taste, if desired
- 1 bunch of minced coriander
- Cut all the vegetables into thin slices using a mandolin, a peeler or a knife.
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade.
- Mix the vegetables with the marinade, season with salt and add a little cayenne pepper if desired.
- Let it marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Cut avocado wedges and place on the plate, put the ceviche of vegetables and garnish with chervil or coriander.
* Note that you can find this tasty recipe (and so many others) in Jacqueline Lagacé, Ph.D.’s Recettes Gourmandes contre la douleur chronique with the collaboration of Spa Eastman.