Oncology yoga and well-being: making space in your mind and body!
Laura Hernandez, Certified Yoga4Cancer Teacher and Holistic Wellness Counsellor
July 11th to 14th, 2024
Psst. You can also contribute to the well-being of a loved one by purchasing a gift card applicable to the reservation of this retreat
Cancer takes away your breath… Yoga gives it back
Oncology yoga is a specific method of teaching, that is, a practice adapted to the needs of people with cancer. During these workshops, we will offer a detailed overview of the benefits of somatic practices, the power of meditation and the effects of oncology yoga on the body and mind.
The retreat will allow you to unplug from everyday life and pause to replenish and nourish yourself with goodness for your heart, body and mind.
We offer you simple and effective techniques and concrete tools focused on well-being. In the beauty, safety and energy that characterize Spa Eastman, this bilingual four-day, three-night retreat is designed for people who are or have faced cancer, as well as for their family or friends who accompany them on this journey. No yoga experience is required.
Designed and facilitated by an expert in oncology yoga
After more than 20 years of teaching yoga, life has put me on the path of many people affected by cancer. Cancer is a present situation in our days. Evolution in scientific research now proves that it takes more than medical treatments to support the individual and help him in his journey and healing.
I am certified by Yoga for cancer. An organization in the United States that has a large network of professors all over the world. This network allows me to have a broad vision of the method to be applied and various tools.
I am certified by the program Thrive of the Faculty of Kinesiology, Department of Oncology, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary.
I am also accredited by the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation.
I continue my training in Oncology Yoga with the Red de Yoga oncologico (Spanish-speaking Network in Europe for Yoga and Oncology) and at the Sherbrooke Seminar in Spiritual Sciences and End of Life.
I like to share my knowledge and maybe make a difference to alleviate the suffering of those who are in great need of support
A respectful space to allow participants to:
- become familiar with oncology yoga practices, conscious movements and meditation techniques;
- participate in conferences and activities to take stock and redefine their journey;
- access the energy of the heart and reconnect with one’s Being;
- enjoy group dynamics and find individual moments of silence, reflection and lightness;
- Create an action plan to ensure continuity of learning when returning home.
The ideal place for clearing your mind and energizing your body
This retreat includes :
– Lodging in one of our 8 pavilions
– Tonique Cuisine meals, a tasty anti-inflammatory gastronomy
– Unlimited access to all the facilities of the site: thermotherapy, gym and 15 km of trails
– Sessions of your choice offered on our daily activity calender
– Possibility of adding treatments and consultations: massage, facial, naturopathy consultation and more.
|Room type||Economic||Regular||Oasis||Superior||Superior moutain view||Spacious mountain view|
|3-night single occ.||$1134||$1245||$1331||$1445||$1569||$1612|
|3-night double occ.||$1024||$1080||$1124||$1178||$1242||$1261|